Thank you so much for considering Boundless Minds for your book review or feature! Please direct your inquiries and review requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form, and I will get back to you as soon as possible!
I will gladly host giveaways, contests, or blog tours at the publisher or author’s request. Additionally, I would be thrilled and honored to host an interview for authors, publishers, or other literary pundits.
I accept print ARCs, finished copies, and e-ARCs or audiobooks, but I strongly prefer print copies. If the book is an installment in a series, I may require previous novels to offer a higher quality review.
I do accept e-books, self-published books, and indie press books, and the guidelines from above apply as well; I prefer print books, but I will consider electronic versions.
***Please read my ENTIRE review policy before pitching me (trust me…reading till the end is to your benefit).
When you contact me regarding your novel, please include the following details:
- Concise book summary
- Physical or e-book copy (with formats available)
- Any deadlines for review
- Release date
- Social media links (I support and follow all who contact me)
I am currently interested in Young Adult and Middle Grade fiction across most genres, but I will accept requests to review New Adult or Adult fiction.
I will accept YA, MG, New Adult, and Adult fiction in the following genres:
- Science Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Fairytale/mythological retellings
I am NOT accepting books in the following genres:
- Political novels (with the exception of Ann Coulter, if she were ever to inquire…reviewing her work would be “intriguing”) or “hot button” topics
- Religious novels, especially ones with “moralizing” angles UNLESS it presents a unique stance on a topic of present-day discussion.
I am also temporarily offering critique on:
- Short stories
Essentially, I aim to underscore and feature the positive qualities of a book, but this does not mean I do not post negative reviews or shed light on issues I find with the novel. Typically, I email the author with my review before I post it; if my review is strikingly negative, the author may request that I wait to post the review until a couple weeks after its release (I understand how hard authors work to publish their books, and I don’t want to jeopardize their sales simply because of my unrepresentative opinion). I write fair and honest reviews, but my reviews are my opinion, and if I didn’t particularly enjoy your novel, my reviews will reflect that. With that said, I strive to highlight the reasons WHY the novel didn’t work for me. I do not post negative reviews with malicious intent and I will never offer demeaning, loathsome, or commentary on the author or his/her piece. Reviews will be posted across platforms like Amazon, Goodreads, B&N, and Review Creep, and publicized to email subscribers.
***If I accept your request, I cannot guarantee that a review will go up immediately, as I have many books to read. I typically review non-ARCs on a first come, first served basis, but physical copies receive the most preference. However, books with intriguing premises are more likely to receive the top preference. If it’s an ARC, I will try to review it one week before or after the publication date***
All reviews will include the following:
- Cover art
- Book summary/blurb
- Book Statistics: title, author, publisher, page count, awards, release date, series status, et al
- My informal review/critique (style of blog and crowd sourced reviews)
- My professional review/critique (style of Kirkus Reviews and Publisher’s Weekly)
- Star rating
- Author biography and profile with links to social media and sales pages
Each novel is rated according to its genre, which means that a “three star” rating for a YA, MG, and New Adult novel does not necessarily indicate that the novels are equivalent.
How To Get on Shouryaman’s Good Side
- Print ARCs. I love physical copies. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. If you can offer a physical copy, it’s a huge plus.
- Subscribe. Follow. Like. If I contact a blogger or author personally, I make sure to support them in the easiest (and cheapest) way possible: following their blog and social media. Plus, it makes you feel fuzzy inside.
- Short and sweet. I’m not too nitpicky about this, but if your email pitch is longer than the first page of your book…good luck.
- Deadlines. I need to know if you have any strict deadlines for my review. Every time I have to voice that, a star dies. I’m dead serious.
I will never mindfully, consciously, or intentionally share, copy, or distribute any copies of novels – both physical and electronic – provided to me for review, unless the author or publisher has provided explicit consent in order to run events like a giveaway.